TEMP. Full time, 80 hours per pay period
Monday - Friday
The groundskeeper maintains the grounds of the facility and ensures a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Mows and waters grass.
2. Maintains and weeds landscaping and flowerbeds.
3. Trims/prunes trees.
4. Repairs, adjusts and maintains all underground sprinkler systems.
5. Maintains parking lot areas. Blows down, sweeps, and picks up outside garbage. Maintains garbage receptacles on property grounds.
6. Cycle cleans as assigned.
7. Assists in light plumbing and electrical repairs, as needed.
8. Conducts preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
9. Demonstrates working knowledge of landscaping chemical applications.
10. Prepares and paints facility rooms, walls, parking lot lines and symbols and other areas as directed.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of the use of and maintenance of landscaping equipment and tools.
12. Demonstrates working knowledge of snow removal equipment and processes, including but not limited to plowing, blowing, spreading de-icer and hand shoveling.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
14. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
15. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
16. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
17. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
18. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
19. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
20. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Must be able to read, write, and speak in English and follow oral or written instructions and have basic computer skills. Must have a current WA State Driver’s License. Common knowledge of landscaping supplies and devices such as: mowers, blowers, ladders, weed eaters, edgers and pole saws is preferred.
Open until filledApply for this job