PM Tray line - Food Service Associate
11am - 7:30pm Sat-Sun
The Food Service Associate provides sanitary, nutritious, and high quality food to residents, patients, employees, and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner. Other duties and essential job functions of the Food Service Associate are dependent on the assigned work station and time of the assigned shift.
- Assists department staff with food/beverage preparation and service as needed.
- Assists department staff, when needed, with cleaning/sanitizing the kitchen, cleaning/washing tableware and kitchenware, pulling clean tableware and kitchenware from the dish machine, and storing tableware and kitchenware.
- Appropriately cleans, sanitizes, and maintains workstation.
- Prepares meals and beverages by adhering to the Food and Nutrition Manager’s instructions, hot/cold holding procedures, diet orders, applicable fluid restrictions, serving size, patient/resident preferences, and the production binder.
- Delivers trays, snacks, and other foods/beverages to patients, residents, and staff.
- Accurately records census data in census binder for each meal service.
- Stocks kitchen reach-in refrigerator appropriately.
- Follows FIFO (first in, first out) when stocking all foods and beverages.
- Dates perishable items
- Disposes expired items
- Rotates stock so older items are used first
- Washington State Food Worker Card is required and must be obtained before start date.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Willingness to cross-train is required.
- Food preparation experience is preferred.
Open until filledApply for this job