Part time Cook
Part time, 8 hours per pay period
Every other Weekend, 3:30pm - 7:30pm
The Cook I prepares and serves sanitary, nutritious, and high quality food, in accordance with standardized recipes and diet orders, to residents, patients, employees, and members of the public.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares foods while adhering to service times, diet orders, and standardized recipes.
2. Appropriately prepares for the next day’s service (ie. thawing frozen foods/chopping vegetables).
3. Assists with Dietary Assistance Requests as needed.
4. Makes appropriate menu substitutions as needed; follows-up with Dietary Manager before and after substitutions are made.
5. Routinely cleans and sanitizes work station, food service equipment, and other kitchen areas.
6. Properly tests, records, and calibrates food thermometers.
7. Correctly tests food temperature with a food thermometer.
8. Cooks food to correct final cooking temperatures; documents final cooking temperatures on production sheets.
9. Adheres to hot and cold holding procedures as specified by the Grant County Health District and the kitchen HACCP plan.
10. Properly stores foods and beverages after service times.
11. Stocks, maintains, tests, and records test findings of a sanitary bucket at the start of each shift.
12. Appropriately directs the activities of Food Service Associates in order to meet service times and to complete other kitchen activities.
13. Contributes to menu development as needed.
14. Contributes to new employee and annual Food Service Associates’ annual evaluations.
15. Reports any issues pertaining to food storage, food service equipment, vendors, or employees to the Dietary Manager.
16. Maintains departmental communications with the Food Service Associates, department manager, and other department staff members.
17. Answers the phone professionally, courteously, and follows-up appropriately.
18. Adheres to the kitchen HACCP plan, Washington State Food Code, and requirements outlined by the daily production sheets.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
20. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
21. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
22. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
23. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
24. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
25. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
26. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
1. Food preparation experience is preferred. Able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must have basic computer skills. Current Washington State Food Worker Card is required/must be obtained before start date. Must be 17 years of age or older.
Open until filledApply for this job