Housekeeper Per Diem
Variable to fill in for vacations or sick leave
The Housekeeper is primarily responsible for the general and routine cleaning and sanitizing of the facility.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Cleans facility floors using the correct method and equipment.
2. Cleans a variety of rooms, offices, and departments including but not limited to patient rooms, utility rooms, exam rooms, Laboratory, Radiology, linen rooms, administrative offices, and rest rooms.
3. Cleans patient rooms and units. Washes, strips, and makes patient/resident beds.
4. Washes interior windows and blinds.
5. Picks up garbage, in all areas of the facility, washes waste cans, and relines with clean plastic liners.
6. Cleans lighting fixtures, vents, and hard to reach areas using the proper method and equipment.
7. Washes or dusts a variety of surfaces, including but not limited to, stainless steel, mirrors, furniture, casters, and glass.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of all phases of housekeeping duties and is able to cover, rotate or alternate tasks or shifts as needed to accommodate the workload.
9. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, both supervised and unsupervised.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
11. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
12. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
13. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
14. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
15. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
16. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
17. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Knowledge of common cleaning supplies and devices, i.e., mops, brooms, vacuums, ladders, is preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and have basic computer skills.
Open until filledApply for this job