Scheduled days and shifts vary
Applicants for this position must be willing and able to work in any location in the Hospital, ER, Clinic, Nursing Home.
The Housekeeper/Laundry Aide performs general and routine cleaning and sanitizing of the facility as well as processing, distributing and inventorying linens and personal clothing.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cleans facility floors using the correct method and equipment.
- Cleans a variety of rooms, offices, and departments including but not limited to patient rooms, utility rooms, exam rooms, Laboratory, Radiology, linen rooms, administrative offices, and rest rooms.
- Cleans laundry floors and empties the garbage in the linen area daily.
- Sorts clothing for processing according to color and type of fabric.
- Washes and dries clothing using the appropriate temperature and materials.
- Hangs clothing in a timely manner and ensures items match.
- Washes, strips, and makes patient/resident beds and washes the personal items of residents.
- Cleans resident laundry hampers and replaces plastic bags as needed.
- Follows the appropriate process in reporting ruined linen.
- Washes interior windows and blinds.
- Picks up garbage, in all areas of the facility, washes waste cans, and relines with clean plastic liners.
- Cleans lighting fixtures, vents, and hard to reach areas using the proper method and equipment.
- Washes or dusts a variety of surfaces, including but not limited to, stainless steel, mirrors, furniture, casters, and glass.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, both supervised and unsupervised.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of common cleaning supplies and devices, i.e., mops, brooms, vacuums, ladders, is preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and have basic computer skills.
Open until filledApply for this job