Maintenance Worker II
Full time, 80 hours per pay period
Monday - Friday
The Maintenance Worker II performs a variety of duties in and around the buildings of the hospital complex including skilled work in the operation, maintenance, repair and remodeling of the buildings and related equipment.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs preventative maintenance on building systems to include: Hydronic chillers, RTU heat pumps, VAV units, Split system heat pumps, Hot water supply systems, HRV units, Exhaust fans, Central Air handling systems, Walk in Coolers, Walk in Freezers, Ice Machines, Emergency Generators, Building Controls systems.
2. Performs scheduled inspections of fire extinguishers, fire doors, fire dampers, building hot water, Emergency generator, electrical outlets, emergency eye wash stations, emergency lighting, wheelchair safety, vehicles, Medical Air systems, kitchen hood, and dishwasher hoods.
3. Performs scheduled equipment electrical safety ground testing on listed electrical devices, appliances, patient beds and lab equipment.
4. Demonstrates ability to perform various carpentry and building maintenance skills such as framing, wall repair, door adjustment, door closure repair, door hardware repair, counter top repair, cabinet hardware repair, light roof repair and replacement.
5. Troubleshoots and repairs plumbing leaks, pumps, valves, faucets, toilets, tubs and showers, commercial dishwashers, grease traps, anti-scald valves, sprinkler systems, water softener.
6. Troubleshoots and repair electrical circuits, switches, devices, equipment and appliances.
7. Proficient in use of testing equipment and tools as well as the use of the telephone, computer, intercom and radio systems.
8. Assists in Building and grounds maintenance tasks such as snow shoveling when needed.
9. Demonstrates working knowledge of electrical hand power tools including drill motors, sanders, electric snakes, portable saws, grinders, etc.
10. Participates in process improvement activities (e.g. QI Committee, Safety Committee) of the organization.
11. Assists Plant Manager with the collection of data for QA and PI as related to survey standards.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and blood borne pathogens as required by DOSH.
13. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
14. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
15. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
16. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
17. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
18. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
19. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Completion of a recognized trade or vocational school or four years applicable work experience is preferred. Must be able to read, write, and speak in English and follow oral or written instructions. Must have a current WA State Driver’s License. Common knowledge of office management procedures, buying strategies, filing, purchase orders inventory, accounting systems, and basic computer skills. Position will share weekend and weekday evenings on-call and must be able to respond within 30 minutes.
Open until filledApply for this job