Full time Custodian
Full time, 80 hours per pay period
Evenings, 2:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday - Thursday
The Custodian is primarily responsible for the general and routine upkeep of facility floors and the cleaning and sanitizing of the facility.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Strips, seals, buffs, waxes, and cleans facility floors (in common and high traffic areas) using the correct method and equipment.
2. Washes exterior windows.
3. Maintains trash receptacles in designated areas and relines with clean plastic liners.
4. Maintains parking lot areas. Picks up outside garbage in receptacles and on property grounds. Helps with snow removal.
5. Cleans lighting fixtures, overhead vents, tops of doors, and hard to reach areas using the proper method and equipment.
6. Cleans kitchen twice per week including exhaust hood.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
9. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
10. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
11. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
12. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
13. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
14. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
1. High school graduate or GED preferred. Knowledge of common cleaning supplies and devices, i.e., mops, brooms, vacuums, ladders, is preferred. Basic computer skills are required. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English. Knowledge of landscaping chemical applications preferred.
Open until filledApply for this job