Food Service Associate
Part time, 56 hours per pay period, evenings, variable.
The Food Service Associate provides sanitary, nutritious, and high quality food to residents, patients, employees, and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner. Other duties and essential job functions of the Food Service Associate are dependent on the assigned work station and time of the assigned shift.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promotes effective working relationships and cohesion with all CBH employees.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the facility.
- Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Maintains departmental communications with the shift cook, department manager, and other department staff members.
- Answers the phone professionally, courteously, and follows-up appropriately.
- Adheres to the kitchen HACCP plan, Washington State Food Code, and requirements outlined by the daily production sheets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
- The Nutrition Services Worker must be willing to participate in cross-training.
Food preparation experience is preferred. Able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must be 17 years of age or older. Basic computer skills required. Willingness to cross-train is required. A Washington State Food Worker Card is required and must be obtained before start date.
Open until filledApply for this job