Environmental Services Technician - Per Diem - Scheduled Days and Hours Vary
Variable to cover for PTO or other absences
Applicants for this position must be willing and able to work in any location in the Hospital, ER, Clinic, Nursing Home.
The Housekeeper/Laundry Aide performs general and routine cleaning and sanitizing of the facility as well as processing, distributing and inventorying linens and personal clothing.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cleans facility floors using the correct method and equipment.
- Cleans a variety of rooms, offices, and departments including but not limited to patient rooms, utility rooms, exam rooms, Laboratory, Radiology, linen rooms, administrative offices, and rest rooms.
- Cleans laundry floors and empties the garbage in the linen area daily.
- Sorts clothing for processing according to color and type of fabric.
- Washes and dries clothing using the appropriate temperature and materials.
- Hangs clothing in a timely manner and ensures items match.
- Washes, strips, and makes patient/resident beds and washes the personal items of residents.
- Cleans resident laundry hampers and replaces plastic bags as needed.
- Follows the appropriate process in reporting ruined linen.
- Washes interior windows and blinds.
- Picks up garbage, in all areas of the facility, washes waste cans, and relines with clean plastic liners.
- Cleans lighting fixtures, vents, and hard to reach areas using the proper method and equipment.
- Washes or dusts a variety of surfaces, including but not limited to, stainless steel, mirrors, furniture, casters, and glass.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, both supervised and unsupervised.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of common cleaning supplies and devices, i.e., mops, brooms, vacuums, ladders, is preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and have basic computer skills.
Columbia Basin Hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plans.
$17-$24 + 10% in Lieu of benefits - DOE
Open until filledApply for this job