RN PER DIEM, Any Unit (ER< Med/Surg, Long Term Care, Assisted Living)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and maintains patient’s rights and responsibilities.
- Prepares and passes medications and treatments on hours scheduled with appropriate charting of changes. Administers PRN’s and record with a note if results obtained.
- The nurse in charge on all shifts must know the condition of all residents In his/her unit.
- The licensed RN staff is responsible for supervising the Certified Nursing Assistants during the shift.
- All new residents must have documented nursing histories and nursing assessments to include: vital signs, height, weight and an assessment of skin condition. Patient’s Rights will be signed and Residents will be given information on Advance Directives.
- The nurse in charge is responsible for reporting changes in patient's conditions to medical provider if needed.
- When accidents occur involving visitors or patients proper documentation will be completed according to facility policy.
- If a patient’s condition changes for the worse, the licensed staff must document and contact the family.
- Assist doctors if rounds are made and carry out new orders.
- A current Washington State Registered Nurse License or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current CPR Card
- Basic computer skills
- Previous nursing home experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in a charge/supervisory/leadership role is preferred
- Must complete Specialty Training within 90 days of hire date
- Must complete DSHS fingerprinting within 90 days of hire date.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed
Open until filledApply for this job