RN Med/Surg Full-Time NOC
7pm-7:30am scheduled days of the week vary
The Acute Care / Swing Bed Nurse will be responsible for all patient care including, but not limited to the administration of medications, treatments, care plans, etc. of Acute Care and Swing Beds. This position also assists with emergency patients as directed by the ER Charge Nurse. Completes all admission paperwork and documentation for all Acute Care, Observation and Swing Bed admits including medication reconciliation.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS SUMMARY:
- Provides medications and treatments with appropriate documentation to Acute Care, Swing Bed patients.
- Performs patient assessments on all acute, observation and swing bed patients including admission assessments.
- Assists with all direct patient care as a team member, including answering lights, baths, vital signs, etc.
- Supervises CNA's to ensure that all patients/residents receive proper care as delegated with individual care plans.
- Monitors medication supplies and provides Omnicare Pharmaceutical with a weekly drug order to ensure continuation of medications and treatments.
- Appropriate and complete charting for all acute, observation and swing bed patients.
- Performs basic and advanced nursing procedures as dictated by the physician's orders and patient assessments and documents all care given.
- Documents discharge instructions including follow up visits on AVS and provides to patients upon discharge.
- Transcribes written physician orders for swing bed admits from outside CBH.
- Ensures completion of proper documentation of any falls, skin tears or bruises including phone calls to physicians and families.
- Must hold a Washington State license and have completed an approved course for a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Previous experience in the emergency department, knowledge of cardiac, medical, and geriatric care is desirable.
- Must be willing to learn all Acute Care areas.
- Consistent attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime if needed.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job