Long Term Care
The Long Term Care Nurse will be responsible for directing the patient care of the residents in long term care during assigned times. The nightshift nurse is responsible for the evening/HS medication pass as well as prn medications on Assisted Living.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows the role of the Long Term Care Nurse and the responsibilities with staff as well as residents according to policies and procedures of the facility.
- Follows universal precautions during care and supervision of staff.
- Prepares and passes medications and treatments on hours scheduled with appropriate charting of changes.
- The long term care licensed staff is responsible for supervising the Certified Nursing Assistants during the shift.
- When new problems develop on individual patients, the nurse in charge is responsible for reporting to medical provider if needed.
- When accidents occur involving staff, an incident report will be completed online by employee and Supervisor.
- Assist doctors if rounds are made and carry out new orders.
- Must hold a Washington State license and have completed an approved course for a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current CPR Card is required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Previous nursing home experience and the desire, patience, and compassion to work with the elderly is preferred.
- Previous experience in a charge/supervisory/leadership role is preferred.
- Must complete Specialty Training within 90 days of hire date.
- Must complete DSHS fingerprinting within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job