AL Charge Nurse
Part time, 24 hours per pay period
The Assisted Living Nurse will be responsible for directing the patient care of residents in assisted living during assigned times.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Follows the roles and responsibilities of a nurse with staff and residents according to the policies and procedures of the facility.
2. Prepares and passes medications and treatments as scheduled and provides appropriate documentation. Administers PRNs and documents results as obtained.
3. Knows the condition of all residents on the unit. Documents changes in conditions, physician visits or pertinent comments regarding the residents.
4. Supervises the other AL staff and assists with care of the residents, including, but not limited to: meal serving, personal care, laundry, and any orders on the resident flow sheets specific and individualized. Tidies rooms, utility areas, and equipment.
5. Completes nursing histories and assessments on all new residents, including: temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height, weight and assessment of skin condition. The LPN assists the RN with the assessment as indicated. The nurse oversees the completion of all necessary admission paperwork.
6. Assists with preparing the care plans including updates and noting changes. The care plan includes: scheduling baths, ADL skills needed, special adaptive equipment, etc.
7. Reports problems or changes of a resident/patient to the medical care provider, if necessary. Follows the Alert Charting Policy.
8. Completes a Patient Transfer Record when residents are transferred to acute care
9. When accidents occur involving visitors or residents, instructs involved staff to complete a Quality Management Memo and forward to the DNS as soon as possible. Notifies family and physician if an accident occurs, including falls, skin tears and bruises.
10. When accidents involving staff occur, instructs staff to complete an Employee Injury Report form and completes the Supervisor’s Report form.
11. Contacts family and completes documentation if a resident’s condition changes.
12. Assists doctors if rounds are made and carries out new orders.
13. Notifies Evergreen Pharmaceuticals by fax or phone when new medications are ordered or changes are made.
14. Completes nail care for diabetics, as needed.
15. Completes narcotic count with another staff member prior to the end of the shift and documents information.
16. Attends inservices, staff meetings, and care planning to improve and maintain skills and improve care of the residents.
17. Reviews and maintains patient’s rights and responsibilities.
18. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of Columbia Basin Hospital.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
20. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
21. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
22. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
23. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
24. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
25. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
26. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
Must hold a Washington State license and have completed an approved course for a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Must have current CPR certification. Previous experience in a nursing home/Assisted Living facility is preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and have basic computer skills. Consistent attendance is essential.
Open until filledApply for this job