West Wing Acute Care
Full time 72 hours per pay period
Nights, 7:00pm to 7:30am
The Acute Care / Swing Bed Nurse will be responsible for all patient care including, but not limited to the administration of medications, treatments, care plans, etc. of Acute Care and Swing Beds. This position also assists with emergency patients as directed by the ER Charge Nurse.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Completes all admission paperwork and documentation for all Acute Care, Observation and Swing Bed admits including medication reconciliation.
2. Provides medications and treatments with appropriate documentation to Acute Care, Swing Bed patients.
3. Performs patient assessments on all acute, observation and swing bed patients including admission assessments.
4. Assists with all direct patient care as a team member, including answering lights, baths, vital signs, etc.
5. Supervises CNA's to ensure that all patients/residents receive proper care as delegated with individual care plans.
6. Monitors medication supplies and provides Omnicare Pharmaceutical with a weekly drug order to ensure continuation of medications and treatments.
7. Appropriate and complete charting for all acute, observation and swing bed patients. Ensures appropriate charting is complete on Long term swing Residents.
8. Performs basic and advanced nursing procedures as dictated by the physician's orders and patient assessments and documents all care given.
9. Documents discharge instructions including follow up visits on AVS and provides to patients upon discharge.
10. Transcribes written physician orders for swing bed admits from outside CBH.
11. Ensures completion of proper documentation of any falls, skin tears or bruises including phone calls to physicians and families.
12. Communicates and problem solves with Medication Review for complete and accurate medication management.
13. Assists in maintaining optimal physiological function of all patients.
a. Maintains, restores and encourages activity.
b. Monitors and promotes adequate nutrition and hydration.
c. Monitors and assesses the body systems of individual patients including respiratory, cardiac, electrolytes, etc.
14. Specific shift assignments:
7 am – 7 pm
a. Checks crash carts and documents on log daily.
b. Checks crash cart on monthly basis for outdates.
7pm – 7 am
c. Checks Pharmacy refrigerator temperature daily.
d. Completes glucometer QC daily.
15. Provides patient teaching for individual patients as appropriate.
16. Reports new problems that develop on individual patients to the Provider and DNS.
17. Encourages and maintains patient’s rights and responsibilities.
18. Assists in completion of administrative forms and reports.
19. Promotes a safe environment for patients and staff by reporting unsafe practices, equipment, etc.
20. Checks that all patient / resident care plans are updated and current.
21. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
22. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
23. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
24. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
25. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
26. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
27. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
28. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services and Department of Health.
Must hold a Washington State license and have completed an approved course for a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Must have current CPR certification. Previous experience in the emergency department, knowledge of cardiac, medical, and geriatric care is desirable. Must be willing to learn all Acute Care areas, be able to make independent decisions and hold leadership qualities to direct personnel. Consistent attendance is required. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime if needed. Basic computer skills are required. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job