Quality Improvement Nurse
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The QI Nurse collaborates with the Director of Nursing to develop, maintain and monitor high quality care for CBH patients to include ED, Swing, Acute and observation patients. This position includes demonstration of professionalism, teamwork, and education as well as being responsible for demonstrating and supervising best practice and quality initiatives for those areas. Columbia Basin Hospital, in agreement with the Washington State Hospital Association will provide education to obtain the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) credential within one year. The QI Nurse also provides support for the TCM process including but not limited to follow up phone calls.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and judgment concerning patient/resident care.
- Develops, monitors and reports Performance Improvement measures including QMMs, and concurrent chart reviews in collaboration with the DNS and other departments.
- Submits public reporting data by required deadlines to include, but not limited to Partnership for Patients and EDTC monthly reporting, CARES registry and MBQIP quarterly reporting, CBH quarterly data survey reports.
- Performs audits of standards of care for ER patients for QAPI.
- Recognizes legal responsibilities and functions within scope of practice.
- Promotes CBH’s mission and vision; exhibits high ethical standards of professional conduct: and inspires the same commitment in others.
- Acts as a resource person and accepts guidance from available resources.
- Serves on committees in collaboration with the DNS. Committees to include, but not limited to: Safety, Safe Patient Handling, Infection Control, ER, Trauma, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Performance Improvement.
- Assists with TCM programs to prevent readmissions and decrease unnecessary ER visits.
- Provides patient and community education assistance.
- Actively participates in the strategic fall prevention plan.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Attends Nursing Unit department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
Open until filledApply for this job