Full-Time Days, variable schedule to include every other weekend
Full-time day shift, variable schedule to include every other weekend
The NAC assists residents of Assisted Living in all aspects of daily living; allowing each resident to function at his/her highest level.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Renders assistance to residents in need and documents on NAC flowsheets.
- Observes residents and reports changes in resident’s condition to the charge nurse.
- Follows daily schedule:
- Assists in bathing residents in tub or shower according to the bath list.
- Assists with combing hair, cutting nails (except of Diabetic residents) and assist in dental care individualized for each resident.
- Assists with or provides pericare as per care plan.
- Changes bed linens, if indicated.
- Collects and bag soiled linens, dispose of waste in the proper receptacles.
- Sees that residents have supplies: soap, toilet paper, etc.
- Assists with serving meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Reports change of resident’s eating habits to charge nurse.
- Keeps dining room, nurse’s station, bathrooms, and activity areas tidy and tables wiped.
- Assists residents in walking to various areas of the facility.
- Answers call lights promptly.
- Assists resident with selecting activity of choice.
- Participates in care planning related to the services and needs of the residents and family.
- Reports all hazardous conditions / equipment to the charge nurse or Plant Manager.
- Demonstrates willingness to work rotating shifts and overtime, if necessary.
- Must be willing to work with/train students.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Must have Washington State License for Nursing Certified Assistant
- Must Have current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must complete Specialty Training within 90 days of hire date.
- Must complete fingerprint check within 120 days of hire date.
- This position requires a sincere desire to work with the aged and infirm, a sense of responsibility, moral integrity, patience, compassion and common sense.
- Previous experience within a hospital/nursing home is desirable.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Consistent attendance is required..
Open until filledApply for this job