Full time, Days
Shift is 6 on and 8 shifts off, includes weekend. 6am - 6:30pm, 72 hours per pay period.
The Assisted Living Nurse will be responsible for directing the patient care of residents in assisted living during assigned times.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows the roles and responsibilities of a nurse with staff and residents according to the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Prepares and passes medications and treatments as scheduled and provides appropriate documentation. Administers PRNs and documents results as obtained.
- Knows the condition of all residents on the unit. Documents changes in conditions, physician visits or pertinent comments regarding the residents.
- Supervises the other AL staff and assists with care of the residents, including, but not limited to: meal serving, personal care, laundry, and any orders on the resident flow sheets specific and individualized. Tidies rooms, utility areas, and equipment.
- Completes nursing histories and assessments on all new residents, including: temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height, weight and assessment of skin condition. The LPN assists the RN with the assessment as indicated. The nurse oversees the completion of all necessary admission paperwork.
- Assists with preparing the care plans including updates and noting changes. The care plan includes: scheduling baths, ADL skills needed, special adaptive equipment, etc.
- Reports problems or changes of a resident/patient to the medical care provider, if necessary. Follows the Alert Charting Policy.
- Completes a Patient Transfer Record when residents are transferred to acute care
- When accidents occur involving visitors or residents, instructs involved staff to complete a Quality Management Memo and forward to the DNS as soon as possible. Notifies family and physician if an accident occurs, including falls, skin tears and bruises.
- When accidents involving staff occur, instructs staff to complete an Employee Injury Report form and completes the Supervisor’s Report form.
- Contacts family and completes documentation if a resident’s condition changes.
- Assists doctors if rounds are made and carries out new orders.
- Notifies Evergreen Pharmaceuticals by fax or phone when new medications are ordered or changes are made.
- Completes nail care for diabetics, as needed.
- Completes narcotic count with another staff member prior to the end of the shift and documents information.
- Attends inservices, staff meetings, and care planning to improve and maintain skills and improve care of the residents.
- Reviews and maintains patient’s rights and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of Columbia Basin Hospital.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
Must hold a Washington State license and have completed an approved course for a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Must have current CPR certification. Previous experience in a nursing home/Assisted Living facility is preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and have basic computer skills. Consistent attendance is essential.
Open until filledApply for this job