11p - 11:00a Variable
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes all admission paperwork and documentation for all Acute Care, Observation and Swing Bed admits including medication reconciliation.
- Provides medications and treatments with appropriate documentation to Acute Care, Swing Bed patients.
- Performs patient assessments on all acute, observation and swing bed patients including admission assessments.
- Assists with all direct patient care as a team member, including answering lights, baths, vital signs, etc.
- Supervises CNA's to ensure that all patients/residents receive proper care as delegated with individual care plans.
- Monitors medication supplies and provides Omnicare Pharmaceutical with a weekly drug order to ensure continuation of medications and treatments.
- Appropriate and complete charting for all acute, observation and swing bed patients. Ensures appropriate charting is complete on Long term swing Residents.
- Performs basic and advanced nursing procedures as dictated by the physician's orders and patient assessments and documents all care given.
- Documents discharge instructions including follow up visits on AVS and provides to patients upon discharge.
- Transcribes written physician orders for swing bed admits from outside CBH.
- Ensures completion of proper documentation of any falls, skin tears or bruises including phone calls to physicians and families.
- Communicates and problem solves with Medication Review for complete and accurate medication management.
- Assists in maintaining optimal physiological function of all patients.
- Maintains, restores and encourages activity.
- Monitors and promotes adequate nutrition and hydration.
- Monitors and assesses the body systems of individual patients including respiratory, cardiac, electrolytes, etc.
- Specific shift assignments:
7 am – 7 pm
- Checks crash carts and documents on log daily.
- Checks crash cart on monthly basis for outdates.
7pm – 7 am
- Checks Pharmacy refrigerator temperature daily.
- Completes glucometer QC daily.
- Provides patient teaching for individual patients as appropriate.
- Reports new problems that develop on individual patients to the Provider and DNS.
- Encourages and maintains patient’s rights and responsibilities.
- Assists in completion of administrative forms and reports.
- Promotes a safe environment for patients and staff by reporting unsafe practices, equipment, etc.
- Checks that all patient / resident care plans are updated and current.
$31.47 - $44.95
Open until filledApply for this job