Nursing positions New salary increases and incentives for NACs
Part time, 36 hours per pay period, dayshift, every Thursday and every other Sunday.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides care to the patients/residents in Acute and swing beds. They perform their duties according to the Standards of Care to assist residents in achieving their highest level of functioning.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Follows job assignments delegated by the Registered Nurse.
2. Provides nursing assistance to patients/residents according to the guidelines addressed in the individual care plans and nursing orders.
3. Assists all patients/residents in daily schedule:
a. Assists in ADL’s to maintain independence to the individual resident’s potential. ADL’s include bathing, peri care, hair care, oral hygiene, skin care, ROM and ambulation, etc.
b. Keeps patients/residents clean and dry at all times by following care plan. This includes toileting, turning, etc.
c. Provides restorative assistance. This includes ambulation, ROM, and promoting self-care when patients/residents are able.
d. Positions patients/residents for comfort as well as safety.
e. Dresses residents in the proper attire for the day including socks and shoes if available.
f. Offers fluids frequently during the day and night doing intake and output if ordered.
g. Passes nourishments to all residents as ordered.
h. Documents vital signs, weights and all care given in EPIC.
4. Assists with meal times in a timely, courteous and proper manner. This includes serving, feeding, and monitoring. Also assists with cleaning areas at completion of meals.
5. Reports any changes noted about residents to RN.
6. Assists with vital signs and weights as delegated on assignment records.
7. Keeps resident rooms, nursing stations, utility rooms, activity rooms, and dining areas neat and tidy. This is everyone’s responsibility.
8. Answers all lights promptly even if patient/resident is not assigned to you. On West Wing this includes the Acute Care.
9. Follows weekly equipment cleaning schedule.
10. Completes all non-EPIC documentation as requested/required by DNS.
11. Follows safety regulations by using mechanical lifts and gait belts as directed by the Resident’s plan of care.
12. Assists residents with activity of choice by reminding and transporting.
13. Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to the charge nurse or maintenance department.
14. Takes the initiative and performs tasks as needed without being told.
15. Reviews department policies and procedures as directed and participate in making recommended changes.
16. Reports to charge nurse when leaving the unit for breaks, etc.
17. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of CBH.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
19. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
20. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
21. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
22. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
23. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
24. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
25. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services and Department of Health.
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Must have completed a Certified Nurse Assistant course, have a Washington State License for Nursing Certified Assistant and current CPR certification. This position requires a sincere desire to work with the aged and infirm, a sense of responsibility, moral integrity, patience, compassion and common sense. Previous experience within a hospital/nursing home is desirable. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English and have basic computer skills. Consistent attendance is essential.
Open until filledApply for this job