Materials Management and Central Services
Days Mon-Fri 8am-12pm
The Materials Management and Central Services Assistant is responsible to support the department in the day to day activities.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Properly receives in merchandize, records and files information using appropriate departmental methods.
- Enters data of items removed from main inventory to individual departments from recurring requisition worksheets, par list stocking sheets, or notes for inventory control.
- Stocks and delivers supplies, equipment and freight to all areas of the Hospital in a timely and efficient manner. Replenishes the ER Broslow Bag. Creates patient charge labels.
- Removes recalled and out dated supplies and records information using proper departmental processes.
- Assist with the Asset Tracking Program by tagging and inventorying major and minor equipment when it is delivered.
- Assists with inventory control, records items received, recurring requisitions, par list stocking, disposals, and semi-annual and annual physical inventory.
- Updates and disperses SDS information to appropriate Departments
- Processes, cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instruments, equipment, supplies, packs, trays, and medical linens using the proper method and correct protocol.
- Procures supplies, services, capital equipment (including major and minor moveable’s), using the appropriate contract and method.
- Assists in the developing of product and equipment specifications and standardizations. Evaluates, studies, and reviews products, equipment, and services. Makes recommendations relating to the procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Creates purchase orders for supplies, services, and equipment needed. Ensure all documentation is entered and follows process for vendors and payment of invoices.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral & written instructions, and communicate in English.
- Basic math skills and basic computer skills including knowledge of the Windows operating system, and use of spreadsheets and word processing software are required.
- CRCST credentials, previous hospital experience and knowledge of chemicals, biology, infection control, universal precautions, and sterile processing techniques are preferred.
- CRCST certification is required within 12 months of hire date.
Open until filledApply for this job