Maintenance Worker II, full-time day shift, Mon-Fri
Days - Mon-Fri - Position will share weekend and weekday evenings on-call rotation and must be able to respond within 30 minutes
The Maintenance Worker II supports the Director of Facilities with day-to-day operations and also performs a variety of duties in and around the buildings of the hospital complex including skilled work in the operation, maintenance, repair and remodeling of the buildings and related equipment.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs preventative maintenance on building systems to include: hydronic chillers, rtu heat pumps, vav units, split system heat pumps, hot water supply systems, hrv units, exhaust fans, central air handling systems, walk-in coolers, walk-in freezers, ice machines, laundry equipment, emergency generators, fire alarm systems, building controls systems, lighting systems, and aquatic facilities.
- Performs scheduled inspections of fire extinguishers, fire doors, fire dampers, building hot water systems, emergency generator, electrical outlets, emergency eye wash stations, emergency lighting, wheelchair safety, vehicles, medical air systems, kitchen hood, and dishwasher hoods.
- Performs scheduled equipment electrical safety ground testing on listed electrical devices, appliances, patient beds, and lab equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to perform various carpentry and building maintenance skills such as framing, wall repair, door adjustment, door closure repair, door hardware repair, countertop repair, cabinet hardware repair, light roof repair and replacement.
- Troubleshoots and repairs plumbing leaks, pumps, valves, faucets, toilets, tubs and showers, commercial kitchen equipment, grease traps, anti-scald valves, sprinkler systems, and water softeners.
- Troubleshoots and repair electrical circuits, switches, devices, equipment and appliances.
- Proficient in use of testing equipment and tools as well as the use of the telephone, computer, intercom, and radio systems.
- Assists in Building and grounds maintenance tasks such as snow removal, lot cleaning, ground sprinkler repairs, pump repairs, and ground equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of electrical hand power tools including drill motors, sanders, electric snakes, portable saws, grinders, etc.
- Position will share weekend and weekday evenings on-call rotation and must be able to respond within 30 minutes.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Completion of a recognized trade or vocational school and ten years applicable work experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English and follow oral or written instructions.
- Knowledge of several related skilled fields and systems such online systems controls and preventative maintenance software in focus areas electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, and refrigeration. HVAC/R 06A certification and EPA 608 certification preferred.
- Common knowledge of office management procedures, buying strategies, filing, purchase orders inventory, accounting systems, and excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Must have a current WA state driver’s license in good standing per auto insurance guidelines.
Open until filledApply for this job