Director of Facilities - Full-Time Day shift, Mon-Fri
Days - Mon-Fri
Responsible for managing and directing the daily operations for the buildings, grounds, equipment, environmental services, and laundry within the Healthcare complex. Monitor performance and departmental budgets while aligning them with the allocation of resources to support business functions and District operational goals. Works closely with executive management to meet District objectives and flow of operations information to the board. Coordinates functions with other departments of the Hospital to ensure safe and efficient operations.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicates with plant personnel on their daily duties, answers and documents all trouble calls and requests for assistance from other departments. Keeps the daily Preventive Maintenance work orders current and distributed.
- Manages complete records of Hospital equipment using information gathered from Preventive Maintenance Work Orders, Requests for Maintenance, Trouble Calls, Purchase Orders, and other sources.
- Maintains material and parts records, equipment inventory records, and cost records.
- Performs office coordinating duties such as: Ordering supplies, parts, and purchase services necessary to maintain the operation of the Hospital and the Plant Services Departments.
- Assists with annual shredding of outdated records which include coordination of times and areas of records to be disposed with key employees.
- Manages Hospital Fire and Safety Programs which includes the function of the various alarms and how to react to these alarms. IC meeting is required.
- Communicates with contractors, vendors, and service representatives by telephone and personal contact.
- Responsible to initiate, plan, execute, and monitor building/remodeling projects and internal projects by working closely with internal departments and external resources. Responsible for project time-lines to ensure deliverables are met and remove roadblocks or obstacles.
- Oversees Bio-med equipment programs.
- Maintains all hospital equipment HVAC, kitchen, lighting, motors, H2O, vacuum system, PT, and any other equipment not on contract.
- Performs as a working director with current knowledge of all functions of all departments being managed. Demonstrates working knowledge of all positions and functions of the departments.
- Prepares employee time schedules and adjusts schedules as needed to ensure appropriate coverage of department. Responsible for accurate editing of employee timeclock activity each pay period.
- Maximizes operational metrics through extensive process analysis to make recommendations for improvements and solutions to issues that are identified. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in facility maintenance and management.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management.
- Advanced computer skills are required.
- Must understand office management procedures, buying strategies, and purchase order inventory.
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and maintenance procedures on buildings and equipment required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak in English, and follow oral or written instructions.
- Must have a current WA State Driver’s License.
Open until filledApply for this job