Full-Time 80 hrs/PP
Monday - Friday 11am - 7pm, On-call one evening a week, one weekend every sixth weekend
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and positions patients for radiographic examinations using knowledge of human anatomy and physiology. Adjusts equipment exposure factors.
- Evaluates completed digital radiographic exposures for proper positioning and technical quality and performs any necessary post-processing.
- Administers contrast media.
- Provides safe, courteous and efficient patient care while transporting, transferring and positioning patients.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the radiographic equipment and associated minor equipment in accordance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs all reception duties, including but not limited to:
- enters patient/exam information into EPIC
- schedules patient exams
- releases x-rays
- answers telephone, and takes telephone messages
- enters and edits orders in EPIC
- Assists Radiology Supervisor, as needed.
- Follows radiation safety standards, quality assurance, and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Radiology Department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
$24.81 - $35.43
Open until filledApply for this job