Per Diem, days, variable shifts
Performs all routine and special diagnostic radiographic procedures.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares and positions patients for radiographic examinations using knowledge of human anatomy and physiology. Adjusts equipment exposure factors.
2. Evaluates completed digital radiographic exposures for proper positioning and technical quality and performs any necessary post-processing.
3. Administers contrast media.
4. Provides safe, courteous and efficient patient care while transporting, transferring and positioning patients.
5. Maintains the cleanliness of the radiographic equipment and associated minor equipment in accordance with infection control policies and procedures.
6. Performs all reception duties, including but not limited to:
a. enters patient/exam information into EPIC
b. schedules patient exams
c. releases x-rays
d. answers telephone, and takes telephone messages
e. enters and edits orders in EPIC
7. Assists Radiology Supervisor, as needed.
8. Follows radiation safety standards, quality assurance, and infection control procedures.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of current Radiology Department policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
11. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
12. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
13. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
14. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
15. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
16. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
17. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
Must be certified by Washington State Department of Health. Must be registered with American Registry of Radiology Technologists or able to complete within six (6) months from hire date. Must have current CPR certification. Must have knowledge of technical factors utilized to operate equipment safely (KVP, MAS and distance). Must use ALARA. Knowledge of facility equipment is preferred (GE Proteus, AMX II GE Portable, Konica digital Radiography system, BRIT PACS system, Toshiba scanner, Teleradiology, and computer). Must be willing to rotate in department call schedule. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Open until filledApply for this job