The Clinic Medical Assistant (MA) performs general clerical and basic nursing duties based on Washington State Licensure scope of practice. This position assists the provider in providing quality outpatient care to clinic patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in arranging an efficient provider schedule and smooth patient care flow.
- Assists provider with exams and minor surgeries, prepares treatment rooms, ensures that all instruments and supplies are present.
- Interviews clients to obtain health history and checks pulse, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, vision and hearing and records on client’s chart.
- Answers phone calls, provides routine information to caller and routes difficult questions to providers. Returns all phone calls in a timely manner.
- Performs lab duties as required
- Notifies patients of test result on an as needed basis and files labs on charts.
- Arranges patient appointments for diagnostic tests and consultations.
- Administers medications, if licensed to, as ordered by the provider.
Must have current Medical Assistant Certification issued by the State of Washington. Must have current CPR certification and basic computer skills. Previous experience in a clinic setting is preferred. Must have exceptional customer service skills, organizational skills, be self-motivated, multi-task oriented, able to work with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the position. Must be able to communicate and work with patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions.
Open until filledApply for this job