The Clinic Medical Assistant (MA) performs general clerical and basic nursing duties based on Washington State Licensure scope of practice. This position assists the provider in providing quality outpatient care to clinic patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists in arranging an efficient provider schedule and smooth patient care flow.
2. Assists provider with exams and minor surgeries, prepares treatment rooms, ensures that all instruments and supplies are present.
3. Interviews clients to obtain health history and checks pulse, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, vision and hearing and records on client’s chart.
4. Answers phone calls, provides routine information to caller and routes difficult questions to providers. Returns all phone calls in a timely manner.
5. Performs lab duties as required
6. Notifies patients of test result on an as needed basis and files labs on charts.
7. Arranges patient appointments for diagnostic tests and consultations.
8. Administers medications, if licensed to, as ordered by the provider.
9. Performs glucometer testing, ear irrigation, spirometry, EKG, blood draws, pregnancy tests, urine, strep, rapid mono, color tests, hearing and nebulizer.
10. Assists in the completion of insurance forms, prescription forms, L&I forms and Disability forms.
11. Demonstrates working knowledge of infectious disease/conditions and the care there-of.
12. Secures prompt completion of charts.
13. Maintains minor medical equipment, including but not limited to thermometers, dremels, blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes, etc.
14. Assists with inventory and stocking of medical supplies.
15. Cleans room and instruments used after each exam.
16. Assists with CPT and diagnosis coding as needed.
17. Works with Environmental Services to maintain a clean environment.
18. Assists front office staff when needed.
19. Submits work orders, as necessary, for minor medical equipment.
20. Adheres to all policies and procedures of the clinic.
21. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
22. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
23. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
24. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
25. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
26. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
27. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
28. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
• Must have current Medical Assistant Certification issued by the State of Washington. Must have current CPR certification and basic computer skills. Previous experience in a clinic setting is preferred. Must have exceptional customer service skills, organizational skills, be self-motivated, multi-task oriented, able to work with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the position. Must be able to communicate and work with patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions. Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral & written instructions, and communicate in English.
Open until filledApply for this job