Clinic - Columbia Basin Family Medicine
Monday - Friday, Dayshift, 80 hours per pay period.
The Clinic LPN performs general clerical and basic nursing duties based on Washington State Licensure scope of practice. This position assists the provider in providing quality outpatient care to clinic patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions.
- Assists in arranging an efficient provider schedule and smooth patient flow.
- Arranges patient appointments for diagnostic test and consultations.
- Performs triage telephone calls and directs patients care needs.
- Answers phone calls, provides routine information to caller and routes difficult questions to providers. Returns all phone calls in a timely manner.
- Assists provider with exams and minor surgeries; prepares treatment room, ensuring that all instruments and supplies are present.
- Interviews clients to obtain health history and checks pulse, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, vision and hearing and records on client’s chart.
- Documents client charges and updates vaccination information in child profile.
- Performs lab duties as required.
- Administers medications to patient as ordered by the provider.
- Performs wound dressing changes/suture removals, glucometer testing, ear irrigation’s, spirometry, EKG, blood draws, pregnancy tests, urine, strep, rapid mono, color tests, hearing and nebulizer.
- Secures prompt completion of charts.
- Notifies patients of test result on an as needed basis and files labs in charts.
- Assists in the completion of insurance forms, prescription forms, L & I forms and disability forms.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of infectious disease/conditions and the cares there-of.
- Maintains minor medical equipment, including but not limited to thermometers, dremels, blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes, etc.
- Submits work orders, as necessary, for minor medical equipment.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Assists with inventory and stocking of medical supplies.
- Cleans room and instruments used after each exam.
- Assists with CPT and diagnosis coding as needed.
- Works with Environmental Services to maintain a clean environment.
- Assists front office staff when needed.
Must have current Licensed Practical Nurse License from the State of Washington and active CPR certification. Basic computer skills are required. Previous experience in a clinic setting is preferred. Must have exceptional customer service skills, organizational skills, be self-motivated, multi-task oriented, able to work with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the position. Must be able to communicate and work with patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions.
Open until filledApply for this job