Clinic Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Tue-Fri
Full-Time Days, Works Four 10 Hour Shifts Tues-Fri
The Clinic Medical Assistant I (MA) performs general clerical and basic nursing duties based on Washington State Licensure scope of practice. This position assists the provider in providing quality outpatient care to clinic patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions. This position is also responsible for providing interpretive services to limited-English-proficiency (LEP) patients. Assisting the Physicians and health care staff in the communication process in rendering medical care and other administrative requirements relating to that care. Assisting LEP patients in adapting to an environment where their native language is not spoken by helping to make them more comfortable through the communication process.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides interpretive services for medical care to limited-English-proficiency (LEP) patients.
- Assists Physicians and Health Care Staff in the communication process in rendering medical care and other administrative requirements relating to that care.
- Assists LEP patients in adapting to an environment where their native language is not spoken by assisting them through the communication process.
- Assists in arranging an efficient provider schedule and smooth patient care flow.
- Assists provider with exams and minor surgeries, prepares treatment rooms, ensures that all instruments and supplies are present.
- Interviews clients to obtain health history and checks pulse, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, vision and hearing and records on client’s chart.
- Performs lab duties as required
- Notifies patients of test result on an as needed basis and files labs on charts.
- Arranges patient appointments for diagnostic tests and consultations.
- Administers medications, if licensed to, as ordered by the provider.
- Performs glucometer testing, ear irrigation, spirometry, EKG, blood draws, pregnancy tests, urine, strep, rapid mono, color tests, hearing and nebulizer.
- Must have current Medical Assistant Certification issued by the State of Washington.
- Must have current CPR certification and basic computer skills.
- Previous experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, organizational skills, be self-motivated, multi-task oriented, able to work with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the position.
- Must be able to communicate and work with patients across the age continuum and with varying medical conditions.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral & written instructions, and communicate in English. Ability to pass the interpretation language test prior to hire.
- Must supply a copy of any other language certifications currently held (i.e. WA State, U.S. or State Court System, L&I).
Open until filledApply for this job