Plant Administrative Services
Full time, 80 hours per pay period
The Plant Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative/secretarial support to the Plant Manager.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Schedules meetings and meeting rooms via the Hospital Calendar, as requested by the Plant Manager to include coordinating Outlook calendar and appointments for Plant Manager.
2. Attends meetings as directed by the Plant Manager, to record and type minutes and distribute meeting minutes to appropriate personnel.
3. Opens and distributes interdepartmental and external mail, as directed by Plant Manager.
4. Assists in care and maintenance of department equipment.
5. Accurately transcribes and types all correspondence as directed by the Plant Manager.
6. Assists Plant Manager in collecting and collating quality assurance data and timely reporting to include conducting QA checks to ensure proper adherence to current (cleaning) standards.
7. Codes department bills with appropriate charge codes and sends them to Accounting for payment as directed by Manager.
8. Assists in ordering parts, materials and equipment at the direction of Plant Manager to include communicating with outside vendors, monitoring shipments, tracking delivery of parts, materials and equipment.
9. Assists with appropriate documentation of all Plant requirements in Environment of Care areas to include: Life Safety, Safety Officer, Medical Equipment and Utility Systems.
10. Assists Plant Manager with policies and procedure review and compliance.
11. Assists Plant Manager with scheduled preventative maintenance requirements.
12. Assists in Columbia Basin Hospital State Survey process, is familiar with requirements associated with Plant state survey mandates.
13. Performs periodic surveillance of Housekeeping/Laundry departments under Manager’s direction.
14. Provides information to Manager for E.S. and Laundry employee evaluations.
15. Assists Manager with updates of Housekeeping/Laundry staff in the event of increased or altered workloads.
16. Acts as liaison between management and Staff to maintain effective and fluid communication.
17. Assists Manager with ensuring the required training for E.S. and Laundry staff is completed prior to deadlines.
18. Reviews timeclock activity prior to Manager’s approval to include assistance with recordkeeping of staff attendance files.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
20. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
21. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
22. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
23. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
24. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
25. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
26. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Previous experience within a hospital, nursing home, or outpatient setting is preferred. A valid Washington State Driver’s License and evidence of past 5 years driving record is required. Must have strong computer skills, including but not limited to, knowledge of MS Office software, Internet skills and the ability to learn new software programs, as needed. Must have working knowledge of routine clerical processes, including but not limited to, filing, writing and communication skills, and knowledge of routine office equipment. Must have strong sense of responsibility, moral integrity and common sense, be able to demonstrate conflict resolution skills, and maintain consistent attendance. Must be able to speak, read, write, and follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job