Payroll and Accounting Specialist
Full Time 80 hrs/PP
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives accounts payable invoices and routes to appropriate personnel.
- Processes and records accounts payable information into the system.
- Processes hospital invoices for payment through the computerized AP system, and generates warrants.
- Organizes, files, and maintains vendor files.
- Prepares necessary worksheets and correspondence using the appropriate software, as directed by the Accountant.
- Receives payroll information from the Human Resources department.
- Accurately processes and records employee personnel information into the District’s payroll system.
- Reviews timeclock system and audits for accuracy of hours reported, overtime, PTO, EIB, on-call, call back, standby, holiday, shift differentials, and other pay or withholding areas.
- Works with Human Resources and department managers to track FMLA hours.
- Maintains and updates employee payroll information, including status, pay changes, benefit eligibility, and withholdings.
- Processes worker’s comp paperwork and deductions to payroll for these payments.
- Keep current ACA employee information in system, reconciling monthly and reporting to IRS yearly.
- Yearend payroll reconciliation, W-2 preparation & social security filing.
- Assists with Federal PBJ nursing home reporting.
- Edits payroll prior to the Accountant review and prints warrants after the Accountant’s approval.
- Creates a warrant register and remits to the Grant County Treasurer’s office for payment.
- Retrieves and processes retirement contributions to 457 Deferred Compensation and Pension plans.
- Reconciles and processes garnishments, health, dental and vision insurance, group life, PR withholdings, and other employee deductions and benefits. Submits for payment.
- Calculates and submits payroll taxes to the IRS. Prepares tax check for the bank within the specified period.
- Supports Accountant in quality assurance reporting of payroll tasks.
- Presents payroll information to new employees, as part of the hospital’s general orientation.
- Verifies daily cash deposits for hospital clinic, and dietary departments. Prepares deposits for the bank, documents on check register, and maintains department records.
- Clears warrants redeemed from computer’s system.
- Assists in the maintenance of record retention for the department. Shreds appropriate records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
$21.02 - $31.02
Open until filledApply for this job