Part time, 40 hours per pay period (bi-weekly)
Monday - Friday, Flexible
The Human Resources Assistant performs a variety of outlined tasks such as compiling statistics, data entry and assembling various informational packets. They also perform Employee Health functions under the direction of HR Manager. This position reports to the HR Manager.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs term filing for HR department as needed.
2. Performs various HR and EH audits with HR Manager as needed.
3. Tracks I-9 form retention and shreds at appropriate times.
4. Assembles monthly PPD test forms and places in notebook on West Wing. Sends reminder emails to Staff.
5. Assembles paychecks for distribution every two weeks.
6. Shreds outdated employment applications as needed.
7. Assists with employment verifications.
8. Assists with annual review compliance.
9. Arranges employment interviews.
10. Assists with Job description and evaluation revisions as directed.
11. Assists with Workers Compensation Program.
12. Assists with reference checks for applicants.
13. Assists with the editing and distribution of new and revised HR and EH policies.
14. Copies new employee hire and OSHA packets as needed.
15. Tracks contractor compliance on a monthly basis.
16. Maintains health records and inputs required employee health data for new hires i.e., PPDs, Hepatitis B, MMR and Tdap vaccinations.
17. Assists with new employee orientation and DOSH/OSHA programs.
18. Demonstrates working knowledge of current American Heart Association skills, information and materials. Keeps BLS Instructor Certification current.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
20. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
21. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
22. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
23. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
24. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
25. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
26. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
High school graduate with college or higher level education is preferred. Experience with healthcare Human Resources is preferred. Working knowledge and experience of office equipment, computer software, and clerical processes is required. Must be able to speak, read, write, and follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job