Monday - Friday, 7:30-4:30pm
The Payroll Specialist/Accounting Tech is responsible for accurate and timely processing of accounting functions including accounts payable, hospital/clinic payroll and other financial processes assigned to the position. This position maintains all associated financial documentation and records for these functions and supports the CFO.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives accounts payable invoices and routes to appropriate personnel.
- Processes and records accounts’ payable information into the system.
- Processes hospital invoices for payment through the computerized AP system, and generates warrants.
- Organizes, files, and maintains vendor files.
- Prepares necessary worksheets and correspondence using the appropriate software, as directed by the CFO.
- Receives payroll information from the Human Resources department.
- Accurately processes and records employee personnel information into the District’s payroll system.
- Reviews timeclock system and audits for accuracy of hours reported, overtime, PTO, EIB, on-call, call back, standby, holiday, shift differentials, and other pay or withholding areas.
- Works with Human Resources to track and insert FMLA hours into system.
- Maintains and updates employee payroll information, including status, pay changes, benefit eligibility, and withholdings.
- Calculates, validates, and pays contracted staff for hours worked, according to their contract.
- Processes worker’s comp paperwork and deductions to payroll for these payments.
- Keep current ACA employee information in system, reconciling monthly and reporting to IRS yearly.
- Yearend payroll reconciliation, W-2 preparation & social security filing.
- Assists with Federal PBJ nursing home reporting.
- Edits payroll prior to the CFO’s review and prints warrants after the CFO’s approval.
- Creates a warrant register and remits to the Grant County Treasurer’s office for payment.
- Prepares and submits a variety of reports to appropriate agencies or Managers in a timely manner. Reports include quarterly 941, Worker’s Compensation, Labor and Industries, and a variety of statistical reports.
- Retrieves and processes retirement contributions to 457 Deferred Compensation and Pension plans.
- Reconciles and processes garnishments, health, dental and vision insurance, group life, PR withholdings, and other employee deductions and benefits. Submits for payment.
- Calculates and submits payroll taxes to the IRS. Prepares tax check for the bank within the specified period.
- Prints labor distribution, FTE, and leave balance reports for review.
- Presents payroll information to new employees, as part of the hospital’s general orientation.
- Verifies daily cash deposits for hospital clinic, and dietary departments. Prepares deposits for the bank, documents on check register, and maintains department records. Performs bank reconciliations.
- Maintains housekeeping time study worksheet, assists with ER log tracking, laundry pounds and other cost report worksheets.
- Clears warrants redeemed from computer’s system.
- Assists CFO with General Ledger accounts-journal entries, reconciliations, etc
- Assists CFO with 340B drug program requirements
- Assists in the maintenance of record retention for the department. Shreds appropriate records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
High school diploma or GED is required. One to two years’ experience in a business-related field with emphasis on accounting skills or prior hospital accounting experience is preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Knowledge of basic office equipment/computer software is required. Proficiency with typing, 10-key, organizing, filing, and handling of cash transactions is required.
Open until filledApply for this job