Patient Access Specialist I
Full-Time Days, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Day shift Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
The Patient Access Specialist I is responsible for administering the functions of the Centralized Admitting Office in giving patients prompt and quality access to patient care through the Admissions and Scheduling process. They are also responsible for the accurate operation of the facility’s telephone switchboard. The Patient Access Specialist I is responsible for treating all patients fairly and courteously when carrying out the duties of this position.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answers and appropriately transfers all phone calls on multi-line phone systems.
- Schedules patient appointments with Providers accurately and timely using established protocols and scripting.
- Looks for alerts and provides and/or obtains information as follow through at registration/check in time.
- Assists in rescheduling patients when the Provider has any changes to his/her schedule.
- Provides accurate computer input of all patient demographic information and obtains all required signatures.
- Scans all necessary information into patient record, including but not limited to; insurance card(s), identification, patient rights, HIPAA and/or authorization/referral documentation.
- Collects co-pays and payments when applicable, discusses payment options and makes necessary arrangements with all patients/guarantors.
- Watches for needed referrals or PCP assignment and follows through with a signed ABN when necessary.
- Performs insurance verifications and corrects information in accounts as needed.
- Opens and closes the Admitting office and security of the same.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One-year experience in a business-related field with emphasis on customer service.
- Experience within a hospital/clinic setting and understanding of medical terminology and medical insurances preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of routine office equipment and routine clerical processes, including the handling of cash transactions.
- Must have above average computer skills and retain admitting, billing and collection procedures.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality and exceptional customer service skills.
- Be highly organized, self-motivated, multi-task oriented, and be able to communicate with patients, co-workers, and customers in a caring, courteous, and professional manner.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and follow oral/written instructions in English.
Columbia Basin Hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plans.
Open until filledApply for this job