Nursing Operations Manager
Days, M-F 80 hours per pay period
The Nursing Operations Manager provides organization, leadership and management of the Nursing Admin department for ED, WW, NW, LTC and Assisted Living, including non-direct reports for Nursing Admin Assistant and Scheduling Coordinator. Supports the CNO and provides mentoring/leadership, operational planning and direction for nursing staff, is decisive, collaborative and open-minded. Writing, reviewing, and updating policies and procedures. Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer. Works with all members of management team.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures department compliance with District policies and procedures as well as State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining records of competencies for departmental staff.
- Prepares monthly and annual summary and statistical reports.
- Evaluates or assists in evaluating contracts/agreements for services.
- Provides departmental staff opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
- Organize and coordinate the training/instruction for nursing students.
- Ability to adapt to new software and hardware.
- Ability to lead and engage multi-disciplinary teams with high performance results.
- Educates others by following safe work practices and policies. This includes, but is not limited to: security and safety, understanding of SDS, equipment, infection control, fire, disaster, body mechanics and Basic Life Support.
- Primary resource for communication between patients, families and medical staff.
- Ensures self-compliance with organization policies and procedures.
- Ensures the interface with team members and other support groups is conducted in a courteous and efficient manner conducive with the organization’s values.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the organization.
- Collaborate with scheduling coordinator to ensure employee schedules are providing appropriate coverage in departments.
- Collaborate with the Nursing Admin Assistant to ensure invoices are coded and approved timely.
- Responsible for accurate editing of employee timeclock activity each pay period.
- Writes, reviews and updates departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains department compliance with District policies and procedures as well as State and Federal regulations.
- Completes appropriate forms for posting of positions, reviews applications and participates in interviews.
- Coordinates and oversees orientation and training of new employees to the department.
- Coordinates and oversees certifications are renewed and communicated according to HR policy.
- Conducts 90-day introductory and annual employee performance evaluations according to HR policy.
- Interviews, counsels and disciplines staff as appropriate.
- Assists Administration/Accounting in the annual budgetary process. Adheres to and monitors the departmental budget.
- Collects data for Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement as related to survey standards
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
- Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
- Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
- Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
- Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
- Bachelors Degree with minimum 3 years’ experience preferred in any of the following disciplines; skilled nursing; acute care; long term care; assisted living; emergency room.
- Minimum 5 years management experience preferred.
- Current CPR or willing to obtain certification.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral & written instructions, and communicate in English with personnel, residents and family members.
- Knowledge of goal setting techniques to aid in meeting established time lines.
- Knowledge of basic computer software applications to facilitate work processes.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical and statistical principles needed to complete job tasks.
- Skill in all aspects of customer service to build and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Skill in reading and interpreting a variety of written materials that are utilized in work settings.
- Ability to plan and organize work to achieve goals.
- Ability to use good time management techniques to complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain quality of work through careful attention to detail.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to accurately express facts, data, and statistics.
- Ability to approach problems in a logical manner and develop and implement solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Ability to make objective decisions by assessing the facts, risks and rewards, goals and outcomes in order to accomplish the organizational objectives.
- Ability to review and analyze data and apply the results to reach accurate conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relations with supervisors, co-workers, and the public in order to meet organizational goals and objectives.
Open until filledApply for this job