Clinical Information Specialist: Full time position available, 80 hours per pay period, Monday-Friday days
The Clinical Informatics Specialist facilitates the integration of the Information System and is knowledgeable in supporting the facilities healthcare staff in decision making, design, education and implementation of the facility’s Information Systems. They are primarily responsible for supporting Columbia Basin Family Medicine and ancillary departments throughout Columbia Basin Hospital and the technologies they utilize by review, analysis, and evaluation of systems and solutions and support based on user needs. They shall act as a liaison between clinical/ancillary areas and the Information Technology Department, the Epic Application, and all 3rd party vendors/providers. This person, in cooperation with the various departments will be responsible to determine the needs and requirements involving clinical/ancillary matters across all Health Care settings.
In addition, the Clinical Informatics Specialist will assume primary responsibility for leading projects associated with the evaluation and implementation of clinical/ancillary systems and will work with staff to optimize the usage and performance of these systems and provide education, training, and support to ensure organizational goals are met.
This position will require a flexible work schedule at times to accommodate the needs of the facility.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supports Clinical/ancillary Departments and the technologies they utilize by review, analysis, and evaluation of systems. Provides solutions and support based on staff needs.
2. Responsible for developing and participating in initial and ongoing training procedures for all current and new employees, students and physicians. Develops training materials and/or manuals for clinical information systems, including downtime procedures. Works collaboratively with department leaders to develop and maintain a team of unit based experts.
3. Acts as a change agent to assist clinicians with the dynamic nature of using clinical information systems and assist with incorporating changes into their daily practice.
4. Accountable for creating documents that include detailed department workflow, functional and operational designs, standard work plans, data flows, and sample reports.
5. Develops and consistently reviews and updates policy and procedures pertaining to use of EPIC and other clinical information systems, utilizing staff and manager feedback. Maintains knowledge of standards and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
6. Works closely with all Information Technology Department staff members, vendors, and other Informatics Specialists to ensure high quality IT products and services are provided throughout the organization.
7. Actively participates in performance improvement efforts for clinical/ancillary areas as it pertains to clinical informatics. Collaborates with other departments to identify areas for improvement and efficiency.
8. Acts as a liaison with clinical/ancillary departments to provide support on a daily basis via consultation and assist the user with problems or issues by initiating the appropriate action for their resolution.
9. Facilitates planning for future direction of the Electronic Health Records (EHR) and related efforts.
10. Provides technical support to the hospital and clinic, regarding the use of software. Troubleshoots software problems and initiates corrective procedures.
11. Actively participates as a member of the Informatics Team and serves on other teams as needed.
12. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
13. Has good working knowledge of Epic system and revenue cycle processes, and continues to develop knowledge in these areas. Understands IT Structure and interfacing of various programs in use at CBH.
14. Informatics Specialist is required to fully understand the purpose and operation of Information
Technology as it relates to business operations and has the ability to make
decisions based on sound judgment when needed.
15. Ensures that additional accountabilities, as may be required by management, be handled in a
manner necessary to meet organizational standards.
OTHER DUTIES (including but not limited to):
1. Completes assigned duties, including assisting other departments with EHR work, as necessary.
2. Demonstrates willingness to be cross trained to other Informatics roles.
3. Works closely with clinical and ancillary management accuracy of functions, and provides support for other positions as necessary.
4. Assists with projects or other assignments related to the EHR.
5. Complies with all district policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and blood borne pathogens as required by DOSH.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
8. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
9. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
10. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
11. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
12. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
13. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
1. Prior experience in Healthcare or related field preferred.
2. Experience with compiling reports, statistics, and researching information.
3. Proficient with computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
4. Use of electronic health record software highly preferred.
5. Knowledge of and experience with automated systems.
6. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience with systems implementation and support preferred.
7. Experience with report writing software (Crystal Reports, etc.).
8. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
9. Excellent customer service skills.
10. Comprehensive understanding of clinical principles to evaluate information system needs.
Open until filledApply for this job