Full-time, 80 hours per pay period, NON EXEMPT
Monday-Friday, Days, 80 hours per pay period (Non-Exempt)
The Accountant is responsible for assisting the CFO in overall financial administration of the hospital. Responsible for maintaining day-to-day cash reporting, journal entries, general ledger and daily deposit reconciliation, month end close processes, payroll and revenue tax filings, and other financial related projects. Responsible for managing the 340B program to include compliance, audit, and program coordination. This position provides direct supervision for Payroll Coordinator.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains the general ledger, prepares monthly journal entries, and reconciles key accounts such as cash, accounts receivable, warrants outstanding, accounts payable, and others as identified. Reconciles all balance sheet accounts on a routine basis.
2. Balances, verifies, audits and reconciles accounts to computer generated reports.
3. Support CFO in preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule and report any variances to the CFO.
4. Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
5. Maintains financial records retention.
6. Provide support to CFO for annual budget and capital processes.
7. Assists in identifying, evaluating and resolving problems occurring in the day-to-day operation of the accounting system.
8. Provides support to CFO with compiling and collection statistical data in preparation of the cost reports, financial reporting, annual and quarterly taxes and other required reporting’s.
9. Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
10. Manage all aspects of the 340B program to include compliance, audit, and program coordination.
11. Maintains fixed asset system, including new equipment, surplus, and depreciation.
12. Perform related duties as requested.
13. Prepares employee time schedules and adjusts schedules as needed to ensure appropriate coverage of department.
14. Writes, reviews and updates departmental policies and procedures
15. Maintains department compliance with District policies and procedures as well as State and Federal regulations.
16. Completes appropriate forms for posting of positions, reviews applications and participates in interviews.
17. Coordinates and oversees orientation and training of new employees to the department.
18. Conducts 90-day introductory and annual employee performance evaluations according to HR policy.
19. Interviews, counsels and disciplines staff as appropriate.
20. Assists Administration/Accounting in the annual budgetary process. Adheres to and monitors own departmental budget.
21. Collects data for Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement as related to survey standards.
22. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
23. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control standards and adheres to the guidelines for handwashing, standard precautions, and bloodborne pathogens as required by DOSH.
24. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers and management.
25. Demonstrates awareness of safe work habits and maintains a safe working environment by adhering to department and hospital policies, including but not limited to, zero lift, SDS, body mechanics and ergonomics.
26. Demonstrates compliance to all Human Resources policies, including but not limited to, attendance, dress code, smoking, and name badges.
27. Attends department meetings and participates in mandatory education.
28. Conducts self in a professional manner and is pleasant, respectful, and courteous in all interactions with patients, families, staff, and other visitors to the hospital.
29. Promotes effective working relationships and works cohesively with employees both within and outside of the department.
30. Understands and demonstrates the mandatory reporting process for abuse or neglect as required by the Department of Social and Health Services.
Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
Two (2) or more years of corporate bookkeeping, financial, or accounting experience required.
Strong understanding of accounting theory.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
Ability to use sound judgement.
Ability to independently meet deadlines with minimal direction.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and computerized accounting systems; advanced Excel skills required (vlookup and pivot tables preferred).
Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Must be organized, have strong analytical skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job