Chief Financial Officer - Full-Time Days
Establishes and is responsible for all accounting and Control functions of the financial aspects of the organization. Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial reports and annual budgets. Optimizes revenue cycle and cash flow. Identifies best practices and cost reduction opportunities with analytical oversight. Manages business relationships with lending institutions, accounting/audit firms and others in the financial community. Is customer focused and result driven with leadership and communication skills essential to maintain positive relationships with physicians and staff. Consults with and advises the CEO and Board of Commissioners regarding methods for generating increased revenue and controlling operational costs in relation to the overall goals of the District, the market and the needs of the community.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for coordinating the Board Finance Committee meetings and activities as assigned.
- Prepares monthly Board reports. (Financial statements, FTE reports and management reports.)
- Manages all aspects of the budgeting process. Monitors departmental and hospital expenditures as they conform to the annual budget and reports anomalies and variances to administration.
- Maintains non-patient accounts receivable.
- Oversees cash management and coordinates with administration and the County Treasurer.
- Reviews monthly patient statistical reports prepared by Health Information to ensure outside reporting requirements are met.
- Reconciles Medicare Provider Statistical and Reimbursement Systems to patient days.
- Prepares and accumulates information needed for annual cost reports and outside Auditors.
- Prepares monthly reports and annual reports for the Department of Health.
- Prepares analysis of new services and projects for administration and board.
- Assists with joint cost allocation for State.
- Works with Administrator to prepare, evaluate and monitor Physician/Nurse Practitioner production and compensation.
- Determines insurance needs for the hospital and district. This includes liability, vehicle and property insurance.
- Drives organizational financial planning by developing plans for growth to increase revenue streams while also reducing expenditures.
- Manages all financial and accounting functions of the organization.
- Tracks cash flow and financial planning as well as analyzing financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions.
- Performs risk management by analyzing the organizations liabilities and growth strategies.
- Ensures compliance with the law and company policies.
- Oversees Departments and manages Direct Reports over the following departments: Business Services, Facilities, Accounting and Information Systems.
- Manages payroll, sales tax, B&O, and other organization tax filings.
- Manages formal capital budgeting process from initial department requests, integration into the strategic plan, board approval, and implementation.
- Oversees 340B program.
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting emphasis is required or equivalent combination of ten years education and work experience.
- Three to Five years hospital accounting and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have advanced skills in office equipment and computer software to include MS Office, EPIC and Meditech.
- Direct healthcare experience with publicly owned critical access hospitals and rural health clinics is strongly preferred.
- Successful history in working with CMS is preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, follow oral/written instructions in English.
Open until filledApply for this job